Todi's  country

 Real Estate 

 

 

The Santa Maria della Consolazione Basilica  

The construction of the Basilica began in the 1508, according to the model designed from the Coveting architect, that it died six years after averlo realized;  the archives of the  Istituzioni Riunite di Beneficenza of Todi possess still some relative documents of expense to this factory and are only from they that we could have had news of that they worked round to it.  It is along directory of names and dates who has one special taste of  curiosity:  10 November 1508 was begun the excavation of the foundations:  the architect Cola  from Caprarola main head of the factory, he worked you from the 1508 to the 1512 and in the 1509 he directly assumed the job of two tribunes . the  more celebrated  architects of the age came calls to visit, to giving to seem, to design. Here, just, Baldassarre Peruzzi (the craftsman of the Farnesina) that it visits the factory in the 1518;  in the 1531 the is the time of the Sangallo (craftsman of the Farnese Palace  ) which ago followed, in the 1565, the Vignola (the craftsman of the Church of the Jesus, in Rome), In the 1567 the Alessi makes a design:  the architect Martelli  visits more times, from the 1584 to the 1587, the pillars and designs the windows of the cupola.

The building , begun in the 1508, had term in the 1607 with the placement of the cross in top to the cupolino that it was capacity on the place, in processione, 16 April, from the Cathedral.

Behind the altar it is placed, abandoned, a bone very long .  The reporter Lelio Pontani tells that in the 1459 that they give the forests where was situated the romitorio of S. Romana, was seen to exit dragon  of overed-measure physique which, after to have made great ruin of persons and cattle she was, with particular industry, killed.  He wants the tradition that said bone it is the half of a rib of this feracious one I dredge.

E.Giovannetti, write :  those that it surprises you to entering in the Tempio of the Consolation in Todi is the delicious loss, that you comes finding again the geometric suggestion of the Greek theatres in the closed one of a  Christian Temple , in this church of the Consolation you are drawn irresistiblement  not towards the greater altar that could be wherever and is not therefore from some part, but towards the geometric center of the ideal circle , where  waited for from a moment to the other to see todesign  the perfect circle of an orchestra,center of new musics and of a new theatre of the spirit.   

 

 

La Basilica di Santa Maria della Consolazione   

 La costruzione della Basilica iniziò nel 1508 , secondo il modello disegnato dall'architetto Bramante, che  morì sei anni dopo averlo  realizzato ; l'archivio delle Istituzioni Riunite di Beneficenza di Todi possiede ancora alcuni documenti di spesa relativi a questa fabbrica ed è soltanto da essi che abbiamo potuto avere notizia di coloro che lavorarono attorno ad essa. È un lungo elenco di nomi e di date che ha uno speciale sapore di curiosità: il 10 novembre 1508 fu cominciata l'escavazione delle fondamenta; l'architetto Cola da Caprarola  capo maestro della fabbrica, vi lavorò  dal 1508 al 1512 e nel 1509 assunse direttamente il lavoro di due tribune.  l più rinomati architetti dell'epoca vennero chiamati a visitare, a dare parere, a disegnare. Ecco, precisamente, Baldassarre Peruzzi (l' artefice della Farnesina) che visita la fabbrica nel 1518; nel 1531 è la volta del Sangallo (l' artefice del Palazzo Farnese) cui fa seguito, nel 1565, il Vignola (l' artefice della Chiesa del Gesù, in Roma) ,  Nel 1567 l' Alessi fa un disegno : l' architetto Martelli visita più volte, dal 1584 al 1587, i pilastri e disegna le finestre della cupola.

La fabbrica, cominciata nel 1508, ebbe termine nel 1607 con il collocamento della croce in cima al cupolino che fu portata sul posto, in processione , il 16 aprile, dalla Cattedrale.

Dietro l'altare è collocato, abbandonato, un osso oltremodo lungo. Racconta il cronista Lelio Pontani che nel 1459 che dalle selve ove era sito il romitorio di S. Romana, fu veduto uscire un drago di smisurata corporatura il quale, dopo aver fatta grande rovina di persone e di bestiame fu, con particolare industria, ucciso. Vuole la tradizione che detto osso sia la metà di una costola di questo feroce drago.

Scriveva E. Giovannetti: quel che vi  sorprende all'entrare nel Tempio della Consolazione in Todi è il delizioso smarrimento ,che vi viene dal ritrovare la suggestione geometrica dei teatri greci nel chiuso di un tempio cristiano ;  In questa chiesa della Consolazione siete tratti irresistibilmente non verso l'altare maggiore che potrebbe essere dovunque e non è quindi da alcuna parte, ma verso il centro geometrico  dell'ideale  cerchio,dove v'aspettate da un momento all’altro veder disegnarsi il circolo perfetto di un orchestra ,centro di nuove musiche e di un nuovo teatro dell’anima.

 

Buy in Italy

Contact us

Mortgages

website-map 

Links

Privacy

Acquistare

Contatto

 

mappa del sito

Siti amici

Privacy

Pagina principale ©2006 Todi's country Welcomepage